Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Inspirational Corner April 2008

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8


If you read the first article in this newsletter, you read a great deal about making good and appropriate use of our time. As I wrote the article, I was reminded of this popular scripture from Ecclesiastes. We are reminded there is appropriate time for all things and all things happen in due time. The part of the passage which always resonates for me is “a time to be silent and a time to speak”. For me it reminds me there are times I need to be quiet and listen for God. Whether I am looking to the future or concerned about the here and now, I need to be quiet. To allow God’s plan for me I need to allow him to fill not only my ears but my soul with his spirit. The same is true for each of us. God has a special plan for everyone. If we are quiet enough he will reveal it to us in his way, in his time. Spend some time being silent and allow him to reveal his unique plan for you.

No comments: